Thursday, February 23, 2012

Looking for a Winery that has wines that are always approachable

last night I was looking to enjoy a nice wine with my wife. I wasn't in the mood for a big red. I opened a bottle of Schmidt Family 2009 Viognier. As someone that considers himself a seasonal wino I would not usually open a white wine in February. I am so glad I did! This wine was wonderful. Great fruit on the nose to start. This was a clean and crisp wine that can be enjoyed year round. My plans for the other two bottles I have are easy. I will be opening them this summer while sitting around our pool with friends and family. It has been nearly six months since I have been out to Schmidt Family. I would suggest if you are in the Rogue Valley. Make sure to run out to the Applegate. Every wine that Cal Schmidt produces is very approachable. If you are looking to enjoy a great wine and by the way. Schmidt Family has one if not the best tasting grounds in the valley. This is a must go to Winery and don't forget to purchase your 2009 Viognier.

Sincerely,
WinePrint
Schmidt Family website: www.sfvineyards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment